'use mmap = no' option doesn't work anymore

Garming Sam garming at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Apr 9 04:57:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've been unable to start samba (on a testing domain I had) for some
time on my workstation, and now I've finally discovered that it's
because I had been setting 'use mmap = no' for some testing I did a
while ago. Both smbXsrv_version_global.tdb and netlogon_creds_cli.tdb
fail to open in these cases, and both smbd and winbindd exit
prematurely. Given that it doesn't work, is there still meaning to this
option, or should the behaviour be changed so that it only covers some
scenarios (or we just make the option work again)?

Cheers,

Garming