Patch: Make sure smbtorture tests can run when min protocol is above NT1!

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 23:37:24 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 12:55:23PM -0700, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> It took a freaking day to find why my smbtorture run failed.
>>
>> Attached is a patch that ensures we do not call smbXcli_negprot_send
>> with a min protocol larger than max protocol.
>
> This *looks* right, but can you give some more
> context on what screwed up and why ?

Yeah. I was trying to run smbtorture on a system where we had set
client min protocol = SMB2_10 and was running the raw.sfileinfo test,
but it kept failing with STATUS_BAD_PARAMETER_MIX or something like
that.

It turned out that in smbXcli_negprot_send we check that both min
protocol and max protocol are reasonable (and that min is not larger
than max) but smb_raw_negotiate_send allows us to send min protocol >
max protocol.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe