Sharing private header files into ldb?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 7 00:12:51 UTC 2017

G'Day,

Is there a good, already established method to share a file
(binsearch.h in this case) from lib/util into ldb, without making it a
public header we install and depend on?

I think we did something like this for ccan, replace et al as a bundled
library, but I'm just checking what the current experience/best
practice for essentially an internal copylib is before I dig further.

We have a lot of these already, like the whole build system, so I feel
this isn't novel

I need it to:
 - work for bundled and standalone builds from git
 - be present in ldb tarballs
 - be in only one spot in our git tree

Any clues most valued!

Thanks,