Work on SMB3 persistent handles

Fri Oct 27 08:32:48 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 04:48:22PM +0000, Albert Guo via samba-technical wrote:
> Are you going to implement persistent file handles based on some
> interfaces provided by cluster file system or based on CTDB?

The main interface Samba internally uses for the databases is the
dbwrap interface, found in lib/dbwrap/dbwrap.h. The #1 central routine
for the backend (dbwrap_private.h) is fetch_locked. We have several
optimizations in place like parse_record and do_locked, but if you
give us a fast fetch_locked() in whatever implementation, we're happy.
If that persists a node failure, this would be a good basis for
implementing the necessary databases.

I'm trying to move more and more internal routines away from
fetch_locked() to do_locked(), but because do_locked can trivially be
implemented on top of fetch_locked, this can be seen as just an
optimization minimizing use to malloc.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de