Samba 4.7 print issues - no drivers handed to Windows

bogdan_bartos admin at blackpenguin.org
Wed Oct 18 05:49:09 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am using a samba 4.7.0 on Fedora 26 x64. My smb.conf looks like this:

[global]
	workgroup = BPDNET
	realm = AD.BLACKPENGUIN.ORG
	netbios name = AD
	dns forwarder = 10.0.0.1
	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
	ldap server require strong auth = no
	spoolss: architecture = Windows x64
	vfs objects = acl_xattr
	map acl inherit = yes
	store dos attributes = yes

[printers]
    path = /var/spool/samba
    printable = yes
    printing = CUPS
    create mask = 0700
    print ok = Yes
    browseable = No

[print$]
    path = /srv/samba/printer_drivers
    comment = Printer Drivers
    writeable = Yes
    read only = No

[netlogon]
	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/ad.blackpenguin.org/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
	read only = No

<shared folders...>

I managed to load the printer drivers with Windows and the folders got
created by samba and I got files into the x64 folder.

[root at ad printer_drivers]# ls /srv/samba/printer_drivers/
IA64  W32ALPHA  W32MIPS  W32PPC  W32X86  WIN40  x64

However, when I am trying to double click the printer shared by samba via
cups, Windows is showing the following message: "Windows can't find a driver
on the network. To locate one manually, click OK. Otherwise click Cancel and
consult your network administrator or the printer manufacturer's website". I
do not know why Windows cannot load the drivers. I can browse to \\ad\print$
with no issues... Any ideas?

--
Sent from: http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Samba-samba-technical-f2457555.html