Does linux smb2 client supports DFS capability?

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at nutanix.com
Wed Oct 11 17:00:11 UTC 2017

Thanks Aurélien and Steve for letting me the correct version in which DFS support is added.

We have actually checked the linux CIFS Kernel wiki page<https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/LinuxCIFSKernel>. It has only updates till version 4.9.
Not sure if this wiki is active. If not, please share the page where we can check the latest updates.

As Richard mentioned, we are looking for DFS support for both Share(root referral) and
Objects(link referrals) Inside the share for linux clients. Please confirm if the support
Is added for both type of referrals.

Thanks,
Hemanth.