login failures when using --authentication-file

Cherukuri, Naresh ncherukuri at partycity.com
Fri Oct 6 19:22:26 UTC 2017

Can anyone advice on this. Please?

From: Cherukuri, Naresh
Sent: Friday, October 6, 2017 11:43 AM
To: 'samba-technical at lists.samba.org'
Subject: login failures when using --authentication-file

Hello,

I am a new bee to Samba, when I tried to  login manually from my Linux server to windows server connecting successfully, but when I use authentication  file I am getting following error. Please advice?

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

[root@****** _temp]# smbclient  //pc-fp1.****.*****.net/OmniAppFiles -U ***app1 -W ****
Enter ***app1's password:
Domain=[***] OS=[Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter 9600] Server=[Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter 6.3]
smb: \> exit

when I use authentication-file its breaking

[root@***** _temp]# smbclient //pc-fp1.****.******.net/****AppFiles -A /var/www/html/omni/_temp/test.conf
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Thanks,
Naresh