samba.tests.dsdb is not idempotent

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Fri Nov 24 15:02:17 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 08:35:33 CET Lumir Balhar via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hello.

Hi Lumír,

> When the test
> samba.tests.dsdb.DsdbTests.test_set_attribute_replmetadata_version is
> run two times in the same test run, it fails. This is a problem for
> Python3 porting, where the tests need to be run for both versions of the
> interpreter in the same run.
>
> The trouble is that I'm lost as to what the test actually does -- I'm
> not familiar with terms like "sequence number" or "USN", and the code
> calls a maze of functionality deep inside Samba/LDB.
>
> Could I ask you to look at the issue and provide a pointer into what's
> wrong here?
> I'm attaching a reproducer (run with `make test TESTS=tests.dsdb`).

the attached patch cleans up the tests and creates a temporary user instead of
tainting the Administrator account!

This should fix your problem.

Could a Samba Team member please review the patch and push if OK?

Thanks,

	Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org