vfs_zfsacl.c: use of undeclared identifier 'ace'

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Nov 17 23:35:16 UTC 2017

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 12:15:05AM +0100, Timur I. Bakeyev wrote:
> Hi, Jeremy!
>
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical <
> samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

>     But without auto-regression tests on FreeBSD triggered on
>     every code submission, we are going to get occasional
>     compile breakage, and I don't see a way around that
>

> Can I offer iXsystems Inc. CI and build systems for Samba project to have CI
> and coverage tests so bugs like this won't slip into the release code?

This requires a lot of coordination to work. Right now, Team members
sit at their local boxes and type:

git autobuild

in the tree they want to push to master. This psuhes to a defined
tree on sn-devel, and runs a set of scripts that make everything,
run the regression tests suites, and if everything passes do the
final migration of the code into the master git repo.

If anything fails there are web-pages you can look at to see
what test or part of the compile failed.

You'd need to duplicate that environment, and we'd need some
sort of a hook to ensure build and tests succeed on both
Linux and FreeBSD before a real commit.

Right now, can you type:

make test

on a FreeBSD Samba build and have all the tests pass ? I
would currently doubt it, as many of the tests (like the
Linux kernel oplock and change notify ones) require Linux
specific features. Also, some of the tevent tests require
epoll etc. etc.

This is doable, but not an easy change to make.