auth_log testing

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 16 20:48:52 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-11-16 at 08:53 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Monday, 6 November 2017 16:53:06 CET Andreas Schneider via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > I need a bit of help :-)
> >
> > I've implemented authentication logging support with MIT Kerberos:
> >
> > https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-mit-kd
> > c-ok
> >
> > However where is the generated logging going too? I thought it is a file but
> > it looks like the log from MIT KDC is not written to the location it should
> > be showing up!
> >
> > Do I need to setup where the authentication needs to be sent to in the KDB
> > module?
>
> Andrew,
>
> how does imessaging work here if some of the logging is coming from a
> different process?
>
> Do I need to init imessaging correctly in the KDB module?

Yes, each process will need to set that up.

Also for real-world use you should work out that the KDB module is
logging samba DEBUG somewhere, ideally with the rest of the samba logs
and syslog, as that is what real-world users will read.

Thanks!

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba