AS-REQ using SPN

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 15 10:49:57 UTC 2017

Ah, that make things more clear.
Now, im atm also working with some kerberos things here.

Maybe this helps maybe not, but if i look in AD, with windows tools, and i look at the spn.
I see
HOST/HOSTNAME and
HOST/hostname.dns.dom.tld

While im debugging some kerberos NFSv4 things, i noticed that some hostname lookups are done to
host/hostname$ and not HOSTNAME$

The keytab shows.  all + at REALM
HOSTNAME$
host/hostname
host/hostname.dns.dom.tld

There are some, maybe older, left overs in my case, this setup runs since 2015.
But thats something i noticed.

Again maybe it bring you to new ideas..

Greetz,

Louis