The following change, or something like it, will go into Wireshark in a short while

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Fri Nov 10 09:14:38 UTC 2017

Hi Richard,

On 2017-11-08 at 08:17 -0800 Richard Sharpe via samba-technical sent off:
> We will be putting something like the following (see the screen shot)
> change into Wireshark soon.
>
> If you want me to tweak the wording, let me know.

I would prefer not to see any text like "SMB1/CIFS has many known security
vulnerabilities and you should remove it from your network" in the wireshark
dissector at all. It's really up to the people which protocol they want to use.
Wireshark is for network experts who know what they do and this text in the
expert info is wasting space, there is already a lot of information overkill in
the dissector. It would get really annoying if all the protocols which are
"insecure" would show up "expert info" like this in the dissector.

Just my 2¢
Björn