The following change, or something like it, will go into Wireshark in a short while

Fri Nov 10 09:09:59 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 08:17:44AM -0800, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
> We will be putting something like the following (see the screen shot)
> change into Wireshark soon.
>
> If you want me to tweak the wording, let me know.

Please do that at a higher level. The initial SMB1 negotiate request
is perfectly legitimate. In you screenshot, you can see that the
server directly replies with a SMB2 packet. Please only print this
message in case it's not the very first full SMB packet in the TCP
connection.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de