[RFC] Use mutexes by default in db_open()

Ralph Böhme slow at samba.org
Wed May 31 05:29:28 UTC 2017

Hi Amitay

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 12:21:50PM +1000, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> Here's the summary of what I would like to propose:
>  1. CTDB ignores tdb_flags specified in DB_ATTACH controls, tdb flags are
> calculated based on the database model (or specific DB_ATTACH control)
>  2. For volatile databases, mutexes will be enabled by default
> (TDBMutexEnabled=1) when samba enables mutexes by default
> (dbwrap_tdb_mutexes:*=true)

sorry, but I fail to understand how 1 and 2 could work together. If, according
to 1, ctdb ignores the tdb_flags in the DB_ATTACH control, how is disabling of
mutexes handled in step 2 when dbwrap_tdb_mutexes:*=false is set in smb.conf
(while TDBMutexEnabled=1 still set for ctdb) ?

*scratches head*

-slow