Specify WINBINDD_SOCKET_DIR variable before calling NTLM AUTH

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Mon May 22 15:11:59 UTC 2017

On ma, 22 touko 2017, Arnab Roy via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am running a couple of different Winbind instances as per
> http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/NTLM-Authentication-against-multiple-domain-comtrollers-td3024825.html
>

> When i tried exporting the WINBINDD_SOCKET_DIR in the shell it does set the
> shell variable correctly but ntlm_auth still doesnt find the winbind pipe
>
> I am trying to support multiple Domains without any trusts hence this is
> the only way I can achieve this.
>
> Any advice on how to get NTLM auth to pick up the correct windbind socket
> and pipes.

Use jails/containers/namespaces/etc to separate different winbindd
instances.

Anything using libwbclient uses compiled-in default for winbindd socket
directory. The only exception is when nss-wrapper is loaded and is used
in Samba's test suite to simulate an execution environment.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy