wanna cry ransomware patch for samba-4.5.5

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu May 18 06:41:15 UTC 2017

I do like the idee..

A vfs plugin that allows only certain mimetypes.

The suggestion to block files by type is a good idee imo but only if you use mimetype not extentions.

I dont know that happens if an a crypto virus try to write a modified .docx of .pdf.
And you allow only .docx .pdf mimetypes.

And useing mimetypes, should prevent users for example write .exe files as .pdf files.

Greetz,

Louis