[WHATSNEW] Samba AD with MIT Kerberos + Version change

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 4 16:11:55 UTC 2017

On Thu, 4 May 2017 17:49:14 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba-technical"
<samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hai,
>
> Now, prepair yourself im no coder.. but.. looks to me it imports only
> a directory Or sets it back to None. Im trying to read and follow the
> variables in the code.
>
> If i grep through the source and look for : samba.provision.kerberos

I think the problem is here in
samba-master/python/samba/provision/kerberos.py:

def make_kdcconf(realm, domain, kdcconfdir, logdir):

    if _glue.is_heimdal_built:
        return

Which I changed to:

    if is_heimdal_built:
        return

The problem seems to be that 'is_heimdal_built' should be 'False' and
so shouldn't return, but it isn't, so it does return and 'kdc.conf'
doesn't get created. I commented the 'if' out and did get 'kdc.conf'
created, not that it helped, I still didn't get anything listening on
port 88.

I think the problem has something to do with whatever is setting
'is_heimdal_built' to 'True', but I do not know what this is, or indeed
if it is the problem.

Rowland