[WHATSNEW] Samba AD with MIT Kerberos + Version change

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 2 15:40:20 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2 May 2017 13:46:46 +0200
L.P.H. van Belle <belle at bazuin.nl> wrote:

> Hai Rowland.
>
> If you want to test with a jessie 1.15.1
>
> Get an amd64 build here.
>
> http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/jessie-krb5-1.15.1.tar.gz
> Debs, sources, buildlogs, are all in the tar.gz.
>
> And now you can easy reproduce these on you Devuan.
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

OK, things move on, whilst trying to build MIT krb5, I got the above,
so rather than re-invent the wheel, I have used them, thanks Louis ;-)

I now have a test MIT DC in a VM, but (there is always a but, isn't
there ;-) ) I cannot kinit. When I try, I get this:

kinit Administrator
kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'TEST.TLD' while getting
initial credentials

Am I now supposed to start the MIT kdc ?

If I do try to start it, I get:

service krb5-kdc start
[....] Starting Kerberos KDC: krb5kdckrb5kdc: cannot initialize realm TEST.TLD - see log file for details
 failed!

and there is this in auth.log:

May  2 16:25:35 devtestdc krb5kdc[7911]: Cannot open DB2 database
'/var/lib/krb5kdc/principal': No such file or directory - while
initializing database for realm TEST.TLD

Rowland