[WIP] TDB traverse lock changes for massive AD DC perf improvement

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Mar 31 20:23:32 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 09:05:48AM +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:

> I've now done that.  This feels closer to the correct solution, but
> throws solaris10 under the bus for now.  See the attached patch.

Solaris10 is already under the bus wheels. They incorrectly
prevent an existing open UNIX domain socket from being accessed
from a non-root process (i.e. their permission check is being
done on time of use, not time of open). This breaks asynchronous
messaging in Samba.

I've logged this as a bug with Oracle, but I don't expect
this will ever get fixed.

It does mean that we should probably stop caring about
Solaris long term and put it in the same bucket as HPUX/IRIX/
AIX/True64 and the like. Sad, but practical.