Wikileaks CIA document dump and SMB.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Mar 7 18:29:49 UTC 2017

Nice to see the CIA loves Alternate Data Streams:

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_13763461.html

In fact they love them so much they even have a
library call that will add them to allow them
to hide data within them.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_13763236.html

Tell me again why ADS were such an urgent feature
to add to the new Microsoft ReFS filesystem ?

(Note, this isn't being presented by me as a conspiracy
theory, I'm just gnashing my teeth as a lost chance to
get rid of the world's *WORST* filesystem design
decision).

:-(.

Now the good news - haven't found any SMB exploits
described (yet) in the document dump.

(Although the LibreOffice devs should be concerned:

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_27492410.html

They do like Steve's cifsfs code :-).

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_3375552.html

More if I find anything relevent...