GetNCChanges DRS_GET_TGT

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 3 08:03:53 UTC 2017

G'Day Metze,

Recently we diagnosed with a client an interesting replication
corruption, due to the spread of replication over multiple chunks, but
the delay of link values until the end.

Because we don't implement DRS_GET_TGT the DRS server simply delays all
links until the end of replication, but that means they do not get
committed until after the object they relate to.  This means they can
be lost if the replication cycle breaks for any reason.

As such, I think (and I'm sure you agree) Samba needs to implement
DRS_GET_TGT, and I my team at Catalyst will probably take this on very
soon.  This mail is as a heads-up, and to ensure we know about any of
your great work in progress, in case we can build on that.  Otherwise
my gut feeling is that the GET_ANC patch should serve as a good basis.

We will also file a bug etc.

Thanks,