After upgrading SAMBA from v3.6 to v4, stopped working

Amritendu Das linux.amrit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 04:24:07 UTC 2017

Hello Sir,

we have one issue recently we faced. after upgrading SAMBA v3.6 to v4 on
solaris platform, windows user unable access shared drive from SAMBA.

the configuration file which was working as below ...

[global]

netbios name = NET_BIOS_NM01
server string = Samba (%v) auf %h
workgroup = NETWORK
realm = NETWORK.internal
# winbind use default domain = yes
# winbind trusted domains only = no
# winbind enum users = yes
# winbind enum groups = yes

local master = no
domain master = no
preferred master = no
restrict anonymous = yes

; domain fuer Produktion, server zum testen
security = domain
password server = <pass_server01> <pass_server02>
username map = /etc/samba/username.map
encrypt passwords = yes
invalid users = root daemon bin sys adm lp uucp nuucp smmsp listen sshd
instadm noaccess nobody4 svctag postgres webservd gdm

wins server = <pass_server01> <pass_server02>

log file = /var/samba/log/%m.log
log level = 4
max log size = 100

socket options = TCP_NODELAY

hosts allow = X.Y.X. localhost
interfaces = A.B.C.D 127.0.0.1
socket address = A.B.C.D

dns proxy = no
getwd cache = yes

# allow links outside of share area
wide links = yes
unix extensions = no
follow symlinks = yes

#============================ Share Definitions =========

#
# Kondor ASCII Export Verzeichnisse
#
include = /etc/samba/smb_kaetest.conf
include = /etc/samba/smb_hshpkhoTEMP.conf

windows user are able to log into but while accessing the shared folder
getting access denied error message.

Any Idea ?

--
Thanks And Regards,
Amritendu Das.

It is not because things are difficult, that we do not dare. It is because
we do not dare, they seem difficult.