Removing smbclient Domain=... banner (Re: Default setting for "client max protocol" is NT1)

Wed Jun 21 14:02:12 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 11:49:54AM -0700, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical wrote:

> > > Sounds good to me ! Thanks Metze.
> >
> > Can we get some progress here?
> > Should we just completely remove this for 4.7?
>
> I think using the protocol string/smbXcli_conn_remote_name() output might
> be better.

I'd vote for removing that prompt. Once you start thinking about DFS
that prompt can only be false. If we really need more info, we should
extend the "listconnect" and "showconnect" smbclient commands. There
it might also be interesting to extend the output with the security
features used for the connections shown.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de