File Server Cluster don't authenticate AD

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jun 16 08:56:09 UTC 2017

Hai,

First, this is more a question for the "normal" samba list not samba-technical.

You have some errors in you setup, did you follow the wiki?
This is wrong :
idmap config GIANG:range = 100000-200000
idmap config GIANG:backend = rid
idmap config * : range = 100000-200000
idmap config * : backend = tdb
These range my not overlap.

You joined with.
> net join -w GIANG -S ad1.giang.local -U administrator
I hope you did mean
net ads join -w GIANG -S ad1.giang.local -U administrator

Based on this i assum you did not read the wiki.
I suggest, you check you server setup based on :
You may have more errors in you setup.
And i think its also good to re-check you AD DC base on the link.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller

Tip, after you joined an extra DC or any member, reboot the server.
The helps in avoiding some strang problems, like no dns record was created at domain join.
(a few small bugs, but the devs are working on these.)

Greetz,

Louis