[Patches] The way to remove gensec_update_ev()

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed Jun 14 00:04:48 UTC 2017

Am 14.06.2017 um 01:09 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> On Wed, 2017-06-14 at 00:04 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> here's the next chunk for the LDAP server.
>>
>> Also available under:
>> https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/
>> master3-gensec-ok
>>
>> It just passed a private autobuild.
>>
>> Please review and push:-)
>>
>> Thanks!
>> metze
>
> Could we have some tests added, specifically that disrupt the
> connection during the async processing?  I'm thinking of something that
> might do part of the handshake, ideally against a trusted domain (but I
> realise that isn't finished yet) and then drop the socket?

I don't see an easy way to write a test for it.

But if you have a close look at the
"s4:ldap_server: add call->wait_send/recv infrastructure" commit:
https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=commitdiff;h=6172e59eba6be35a8cdc3dc436ca166f1aeeefaa

You'll see that ldapsrv_call_read_next() (and also
ldapsrv_call_writev_start()) is deferred until the
waiting is over, which means we won't detect a connection drop
until we write or read from the socket.

So the outside behavior of the connection is still the same,
it's blocked during a bind call. The difference is that
other connections are no longer also blocked.

> In the meantime I will look over the patches, and I thank you for your
> continued attention to this area.

Thanks!
metze