SPNEGO failure with spnego:simulate_w2k=yes after MIT patches

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 12 01:30:40 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-06-11 at 23:20 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> > > What I don't understand is why this passes as part of a full make
> > > test,
> > > but fails when only running the test on its own.
> > >
> > > The level 4 logs give this clue:
> > >
> > > kerberos_get_realm_from_hostname VAMPIRE2000DC: failed Cannot
> > > determine
> > > realm for host
> > > SPNEGO(gssapi_krb5) creating NEG_TOKEN_INIT for
> > > ldap/VAMPIRE2000DC
> > > failed (next[ntlmssp]): NT_STATUS_NO_MEMORY
>
> Given the above message the attached patch may fix it...
>
> metze

Yes, that fixes it.  It is annoying that it only fails during the
individual test run.  Do you have any ideas on how we could write a
test to trigger it every time?  Would attempting gensec_gssapi to an
unqualified hostname be enough?

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba