net usershare dies for users with "Failed to init messaging context"

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 6 20:43:02 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 02:28:59PM -0600, David Mulder via samba-technical wrote:
> Hmm, problem is the returned error is NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR, and I
> wouldn't think we'd want to blanket allow that error. Looks like it's
> coming from messaging_init_internal() where it just returns
> NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR rather than map it from the actual returned error.

messaging_dgm_init() returns errno as ret, which is then passed
into *err as a parameter from messaging_dgm_ref().

The bug is that inside messaging_init_internal() we just return
NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR instead of calling

	status = map_nt_error_from_unix(ret);

Can you try the attached patch ?

Jeremy.