GSOC 2017 Progress Report #8

Dimitris Gravanis dimgrav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 12:22:50 UTC 2017

Progress Report #8 29-07-2017
<https://dimgrav.blogspot.gr/2017/07/progress-report-8.html>

_gss-tsig:_ <https://github.com/dimgrav/Samba-GSOC2017/tree/master/gss-tsig>

  * changed tsig record generation in dns_empty_tsig() of
    client_crypto.c (thanks for the tip Andreas!)
  * minor corrections and additions in libcli_crypto.h

_tcp-cli:_ <https://github.com/dimgrav/Samba-GSOC2017/tree/master/tcp-cli>

  * changes in socket handling and registered associated callback in
    dns_tcp.c
  * some changes in pdu_blob_send/recv() loop that should be revisited
    and reviewed, in dns_tcp.c

_cmocka-tests:_
<https://github.com/dimgrav/Samba-GSOC2017/tree/master/cmocka-tests>

  * initial test suite templates
  * added tests for dns_empty_tsig(), dns_find_tkey() and
    dns_cli_generate_tsig() in cli_crypto_test.c (incomplete)

I consider *gss-tsig* to be at a valid state at the moment, therefore I
will focus in coding a correct cmocka test suite to assure it's ok, then
look for potential improvements.

In *tcp-cli*, I must work on creating the wrapper functions to hide the
process. Then I can proceed with writing the tests. Any books or
references in declaring/defining/creating wrappers will be extremely
appreciated.

In *cmocka-tests* I'm walking baby steps at this point, but I invest a
lot of time on it and I should figure out my tests soon enough.

In the following days, I'll fork Samba to merge with my temp repo
<https://github.com/dimgrav/Samba-GSOC2017>, making it easy to
incorporate what I've got so far to Samba, as well as for everyone
interested to take a look and provide tips and feedback.

Have a great weekend,

Dimitris