samba 4.6.6 Unknown dependency 'kdc' in 'service_kdc.objlist'

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 14:08:11 UTC 2017

On ven, 2017-07-28 at 16:45 +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On pe, 28 heinä 2017, Daniele Dario via samba-technical wrote:
> >

> > On ven, 2017-07-28 at 12:40 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba-technical
> > wrote:

> > > No apology required ;-)

> > > Yes

> > > Yes

> > > Provided 'DM' stands for 'Unix domain member', yes
> > >
> > > Rowland
> > >

> > OK, so configured --with-system-mitkrb5 --without-ad-dc and build went
> > fine. Yuppie :-)
> >
> > After install, I started winbindd. Normal tests did work:  wbinfo -P ok,
> > wbinfo -u/-g did show domain users/groups, id user looks correct. I
> > tried a login through ssh and it worked as well.
> >
> > Looking through logs, I noticed in log.wb-SAITEL (domain name) a lot of
> > lines like this one:
> >
> > ldb: unable to dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/ldb/acl.so :
> > /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libauthkrb5-samba4.so: version
> > `SAMBA_4.6.5' not found (required by /usr/local/samba/lib/ldb/acl.so)
> This is a result of unclean setup. You have files left over from the
> previous Samba version. In this case it is an LDB plugin module. It is
> built with explicit versioning to prevent loading it into a wrong samba
> version. I don't think your --without-ad-dc build should have any of
> these modules built, actually. You need to remove offending files.

Yes, I just built/installed 4.6.6 on a server which was running 4.6.5.
Did not re-joined to the domain nor changed/removed anything else.

I removed the offending files and restarted and everything looks good.

Thanks a lot for the help and explanations and can't wait for 4.7 to
update also the DCs and the file server DM.

Daniele.