samba 4.6.6 Unknown dependency 'kdc' in 'service_kdc.objlist'

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 12:02:48 UTC 2017

On ven, 2017-07-28 at 12:40 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba-technical
wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 13:12:20 +0200
> Daniele Dario <d.dario76 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Sorry for being just a dumb end user :-(
>
> No apology required ;-)
>

> > Let me try to say it with my words:
> >       * if I build samba in the normal way I can use the suite to run
> > a DC or a DM (no difference in build)
>
> Yes
>
> >       * if I build 4.6.6 specifying --with-system-mitkrb5 I have to
> > also add --without-ad-dc or it won't build.
>
> Yes
>

> > The question is: can I build 4.6.6 --with-system-mitkrb5
> > --without-ad-dc and run it as DM part of my AD domain as well as if
> > I'd have built it in the normal way (so using heimdal krb5 and the
> > with ad dc)?
>
> Provided 'DM' stands for 'Unix domain member', yes
>
> Rowland

OK, so configured --with-system-mitkrb5 --without-ad-dc and build went
fine. Yuppie :-)

After install, I started winbindd. Normal tests did work:  wbinfo -P ok,
wbinfo -u/-g did show domain users/groups, id user looks correct. I
tried a login through ssh and it worked as well.

Looking through logs, I noticed in log.wb-SAITEL (domain name) a lot of
lines like this one:

ldb: unable to dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/ldb/acl.so :
/usr/local/samba/lib/private/libauthkrb5-samba4.so: version
`SAMBA_4.6.5' not found (required by /usr/local/samba/lib/ldb/acl.so)

Daniele.