Patch: Add a small deltest test to test the Delete-On-Close semantics I asked about a few days ago

Thu Jul 27 19:59:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:31:12AM -0700, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Attached is a patch to test the semantic that:
>
> 1. A file is opened with Delete-On-Close
> 2. Before anyone has closed it, we reset Delete-On-Close
> 3. However, the file is still deleted when it is closed.
>
> I have tested it against Win7 and it is indeed still deleted when the
> file is closed.
>
> Will entertain any suggestions about this test, at least for a few seconds.

The test looks good to me. Samba in master survives this fine, so it
should survive autobuild. If you have the time, I have two cosmetic
suggestions: Can you make that two commits? One with the comment fix
and one with the test? And, a commit message is better readable if the
first line is short. "git log --oneline" will list everything up to
the first blank line, and if that is very long then it becomes a bit
clumsy. So it would be nice if you have a short first line, then the
larger explanation.

If that's too cumbersome, Reviewed-by: me as it is.

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de