handling nss_winbind during upgrades (was: Re: Debian bug #833287, ubuntu #1584485: feedback request about patch)

Fri Jul 21 06:20:28 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 04:48:48PM +1200, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:
> I hope we can keep discussing it, and perhaps others here have some
> ideas.

For nsswitch with its rather limited set of operations I could see
standardizing a separate pipe. A few years ago on SambaXP Simo and
myself discussed using the sssd protocol, but that did not go
anywhere.

PAM might be different, here we might need a bit more development.
But there also we might actually define a protocol that we keep
stable.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de