Looks like we do not have self-tests for smbcacls

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Thu Jul 20 13:32:18 UTC 2017

Hi
On 12/07/17 22:25, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 05:34:56PM -0700, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I was trying to set an ACL via smbcacls with the following command:
>>
>> smbcacls //localhost/someshare some-dir --sddl -Uetc -S
>> 'some-long-sddl-dumped-from-windows-with-smbcacls'
>>
>> and I got this error:
>>
>> ../source3/rpc_client/cli_pipe.c:568: RPC fault code
>> DCERPC_NCA_S_OP_RNG_ERROR received from host localhost!
>>
>> And when I look in the logfile I see:

[...]

Let me shamelessly hijack this thread (sortof), with the attached
patchset (rebased for current master) for my propagate inheritance
related smbcacls changes includes selftests for smbcacls (that can be
fleshed out more). Note: The tests (& my patch) currently fail since
commit 1199907cbe2 "param: change the effective default for "client max
protocol" to the latest supported protocol" Please see the separate
message to the list with title "RFC: smbcacls fails with windows with
SMB2 (succeeds with SMB1 only)" for more details and a 'maybe' fix for
that. Dave, if you have a chance can you have a look at these patches
again :-))

Noel