autobuild over 4 hours

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 6 23:16:12 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-07-06 at 15:06 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 05:12:29PM +1200, Andrew Bartlett via samba-
> technical wrote:
> > On Thu, 2017-07-06 at 13:35 +1000, Martin Schwenke via samba-
> > technical
> > wrote:
> > > On Thu, 06 Jul 2017 08:02:01 +1200, Andrew Bartlett via samba-
> > > technical

> > > How do we increase the time limit?  At least in the interim...
> >
> > We certainly could.  I decided not to give up so easily, and I
> > think
> > I've found a few mins with the attached patches (currently under
> > test).
> >
> > We avoid quite some time if we don't fork and don't call kinit over
> > and
> > over in some of the famous DRS tests.
> >
> > Either way is really fine by me, as cloud VMs are slower I've been
> > setting a 5 hour max anyway for some time.
>
> The C part - rb+ me with one query:
>
> +static PyObject *py_ccache_name(PyObject *self, PyObject *unused)
> +{
> +       struct ccache_container *ccc;
> +       char *name = NULL;
> +       PyObject *py_name;
> +       int ret;
> +       ccc = pytalloc_get_type(self, struct ccache_container);
>
> 	^^^^^
> 	Can pytalloc_get_type fail and return NULL ? If so
> 	we need a != NULL check after this.

In general yes, in this case no, because self is always bound to the
python type it came from, so as long as the python object was created
by PyCredentialCacheContainer_from_ccache_container() (which it is) we
are pretty safe.

For the rest, I have a branch under test at:

https://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/faster-drs-krb5-ccache

Thanks!

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba