ABI changes between 4.6 and 4.7

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Wed Jul 5 15:38:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

Andreas did an initial packaging of Samba 4.7.0-RC1 to Fedora Rawhide
and we've got a number of tests executed on it. One test output might be
interesting to a wider community, thus this post.

At https://www.samba.org/~ab/abi-changes-between-4.6.5-and-4.7.0rc1.txt
(warning: 30Mb!) you can find a report of ABI changes between various
Samba components when built against MIT Kerberos. This is a good way to
see all the changes we do towards VFS layer and to other subsystems.

Some of the changes are due to versioned symbols but many are due to
intentional re-design of our APIs.

An alternative report is available from ABI tracker:
https://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/samba/

It does not yet include Samba 4.7.x there but eventually the changes
will appear there too.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy