NT_STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY in nosymlinks test

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Mon Jul 3 09:20:41 UTC 2017

On Monday, 3 July 2017 10:51:42 CEST Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > > Another idea would be to wipe the xattr.tdb file between each test.
> > >
> > > My final idea is to have as much of the deltree and mkdir etc be done
> > > over SMB, so they will get an entry in the xattr.tdb, but I've not had
> > > time to do this yet.
> >
> > Hmm. Jeremy any ideas?
>
> I tried to do the deltree and mkdir, but it just became a time sink of
> failed authentication and other random pain.
>
> https://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/par
> allel-test
>
> See
>
> https://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=c1988e2bebb0
> 4b3a8f17d08b2761cabecd235459
> https://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=7a67ac8b712
> 71aeec4664ff341522569d7922abb

Thanks for the patches, looks like we want a deltree/remove_tree function in
smbclient :)

> The key is to never do local rm, mkdir our file creation operations.
> ln is probably OK, but anything else risks dev/inode re-use.

Jeremy, can you add a remove_tree function and then fix the test based on
Andrews patches?

> > P.S. Metze and I started to improve selftest. However I couldn't get the
> > following patch working yet:
> >
> > https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-self
> > test-ok
> >
> > Some tests are failing but we couldn't nail it down to why and where.
>
> OK.  I'll take a peek when I get a chance.

Thanks, currently the winbind.structs test fails with an error that it can't
connect over DCERPC if you run all ad_dc tests. If you run the test alone it
works.

Looks like a test taints the environment.

	Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org