ctdb - public ip is assigned to us but not on an interface - error

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 15:12:52 UTC 2017

On 28/01/17 12:20, lejeczek wrote:

> On 27/01/17 23:52, Martin Schwenke wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 11:47:33 +0000, lejeczek
>> <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:

>>> nope, like ctdb says: is assigned to us but not on an
>>> interface
>>> when I add the IP manually, with ip ... ctdb becomes
>>> instantly quiet and... seems ok(?)
>> Hmmm... I was wondering if CTDB was getting it wrong.
>>
>> Perhaps the 10.interface event script is not enabled.  It
>> actually adds
>> the IP to the interface.  What does the following say?
>>
>>    ctdb scriptstatus takeip
>>
>> Thanks...
>>
>> peace & happiness,
>> martin
>>
> I'll carry on investigating, but seems true what I said
> earlier:
> "... I'm afraid it is the case, bare-metal same ctdb
> versions(all rest of samba suite) runs it just fine, at
> least here for me..."
> only the VM ctdb cluster suffers from this problem.
> I checked also SE but could not find some evidence it
> might be the cause.
> b.w.
> L.

got it. After I stopped looking at/for trivial things long
ago, now when I got my eyes tired, I had another look at
trivial stuff..
a few event scripts lost(?) exec flags, namely: 10.external,
11.routing and 10.interface ... why? how? (and if it was rpm
update the culprit then why only VM cluster??)
at times like this I think: gee... fucking cosmic radiation.