nss_wrapper support for musl-libc

Dennis Schridde dennis.schridde at uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jan 25 22:47:23 UTC 2017

Hello!

I made a few changes to nss_wrapper to get it to run on musl-libc 1.1 (Alpine
Linux 3.5). Please find the patch attached.

One test failed, without me being able to fix it: gethostent returns NULL on
musl-libc, but I don't know what might cause this or whether the test is
actually valid for musl-libc. If you could provide me with further information
on the purpose and expected behaviour of this function (the information on the
net was rather scarce) or why it might return NULL in this case, I would be
very glad.

If you want to test this, I suggest using my Dockerfile [1] as a basis. By
also installing "cmocka" and changing the build instructions at the bottom
appropriately, you can run the testsuite.

I would be glad if you could integrate this into your sources for the next
release. If you have concerns about my changes, related to coding style or
anything else, please do not hesitate to explain to me how I should improve
this code to allow inclusion into your sources.

Best regards,
Dennis Schridde

[1]: https://github.com/urzds/dynamicuser-docker/blob/master/Dockerfile
--
Heidelberg University Computing Centre
Service division: Future IT - Research & Education

Tel. +49 6221 54-4519, Fax +49 6221 54-5581
dennis.schridde at uni-heidelberg.de

http://www.urz.uni-heidelberg.de/

Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
Universitätsrechenzentrum
Im Neuenheimer Feld 293, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany