libsmb2, meet samba

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jan 25 21:41:06 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 07:31:33PM -0800, ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> samba, please meet libsmb2
> libsmb2 please meet samba
>
> Where to host?
> --------------------
> I kind of like github/sahlberg as your on-stop-shop for everything
> related to network storage client software.
> However, hosting this on samba.org at some stage might be a better choice.
>
> You open for that idea?

Hi Ronnie - great work ! Looks really nice and
meets a need.

Personally I think hosting on samba.org is a great
idea, we are kind of the one-stop-shop for SMB+ tech
(kind of like Costco, but for interop :-). Github
is also a proprietary site, and while I have nothing
against them it'd be nice to see a Free Software project
hosted on a free software site :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.