Looking for steps to build samba as RPM.

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at nutanix.com
Wed Jan 25 19:32:17 UTC 2017

Hello All,

Can some one point me the steps if they are documented somewhere. We have our own tarball and would like to convert this to RPM. We are using samba 4.3.11 stack.
I have tried “makerpms.sh”. But this resulting in some errors.

[hthummala at hemanth-thummala RHEL]$ sh ./makerpms.sh.tmpl

Supported RPM version [4.8.0]

~/samba-asterix-1-copy2/packaging/RHEL ~/samba-asterix-1-copy2/packaging/RHEL

~/samba-asterix-1-copy2/packaging/RHEL

~/samba-asterix-1-copy2/packaging/RHEL ~/samba-asterix-1-copy2/packaging/RHEL

chown: cannot access `samba-PVERSIONPREVISION': No such file or directory

ln: creating symbolic link `samba-PVERSION': File exists

I must be missing some pre-req steps. Please let me know if anyone has successfully built on CentOS.

Thanks,

Hemanth.