mapping uids of file owners to SIDs for AD users

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 16:16:46 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 04:31:16PM +0100, Ralph Böhme wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 04:36:25PM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> > > Is the source code of that module freely available?
> > Yes, it is part of sssd source:
> > https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/sssd.git/tree/src/lib/winbind_idmap_sss
>
> am I missing something? Why hasn't this been upstreamed?

I assume you mean Samba upstream. Please see the discussion on this list
in 2014 in the '[Review Request] libwbclient-sssd' thread
(https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2014-May/099676.html).

Since the sss idmap plugin requires that SSSD is running I think the
same arguments apply here as well.

HTH

bye,
Sumit