Disabling Python Modules

Ian Stakenvicius axs at gentoo.org
Fri Jan 20 18:45:09 UTC 2017

On 18/01/17 08:03 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 03:05:58PM -0500, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
>> [...]
>> I'll work on separating things out into appropriate segments, and
>> getting the patches into git locally so they can be committed as-is
>> later on.
>
> Hi Ian, that's fantasic news ! Thanks for helping us with that !
>
> Can you send us in an email as described here:
>
> https://www.samba.org/samba/devel/copyright-policy.html
> [..]

Done.

OK, the patchset is prepared for email; there's 27 commits in it, and
I've provided the titles below.  Should some of these be squashed
together before I send them or should they remain separate?

1 waf: disable-python-add configuration parameter to root wscript
2 waf: disable-python-skip python and source4/torture when python is
disabled
3 waf: disable-python-don't check for pytalloc-util when python disabled
4 waf: disable-python-don't check for pyldb-util when python disabled
5 waf: disable-python-don't check for pytevent when python disabled
6 waf: disable-python-don't check for pytdb when python disabled
7 waf: disable-python-don't build pys3param when python disasbled
8 waf: disable-python-don't build pycredentials without python
9 waf: disable-python-don't build python_netbios or pysecurity w/o python
10 waf: disable-python-don't build libcli echo torture test w/o python
11 waf: disable-python-don't build source4/pysmb without python
12 waf: disable-python-don't build samba4/librpc python bits w/o python
13 waf: disable-python-don't build of pysmbd and pysmblib w/o python
14 waf: disable-python-don't build python_samba__ldb w/o python
15 waf: disable-python-don't build pypassdb without python
16 waf: disable-python-don't build pygensec without python
17 waf: disable-python-don't build pyauth without python
18 waf: disable-python-don't build python_dsdb without python
19 waf: disable-python-don't build python_dsdb_dns without python
20 waf: disable-python-don't build pycom without python
21 waf: disable-python-don't build python_messaging w/o python
22 waf: disable-python-don't build samba-policy, py_policy w/o python
23 waf: disable-python-don't build py_registry without python
24 waf: disable-python-don't build pywmi without python
25 waf: disable-python-don't build samba-net et. al. w/o python
26 waf: disable-python-don't build PROVISION, pyparam* w/o python
27 waf: disable-python-don't build python_xattr et. al. w/o python