generated spotlight files (via bison/flex) from waf rather than use snapshots of previous generated files

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Jan 19 12:08:28 UTC 2017

Hi Noel,

to my knowledge it used to be very tricky to get a felx/bison combination
that works together and is available on all systems we want to support.

I'd preferr to have the result commited to git instead
of regenerating it at build time.

metze

Am 19.01.2017 um 11:54 schrieb Noel Power:
> On 19/01/17 10:12, Ralph Böhme wrote:
> [...]
>>> Only thing I noticed was on my box the build fails with the final patch
>>> 's3/rpc_server/mdssvc: prefix public flex and bison global' probably
>>> it's a bison version issue. The error I get is below
>>>
>>> [ 418/3005] bison: source3/rpc_server/mdssvc/sparql_parser.y ->
>>> bin/default/source3/rpc_server/mdssvc/sparql_parser.tab.c
>>> bin/default/source3/rpc_server/mdssvc/sparql_parser.tab.h
>>> 09:39:22 runner /usr/bin/bison -d
>>> /data/samba/source3/rpc_server/mdssvc/sparql_parser.y -o sparql_parser.tab.c
>>> /data/samba/source3/rpc_server/mdssvc/sparql_parser.y:68.20-26: error:
>>> syntax error, unexpected {...}
>>>
>>> sparql_parser.y:68 is
>>>
>>> 67
>>> 68 %define api.prefix {mdsyy}