It would be nice if sssd could work with CTDB ...

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 21:10:54 UTC 2017

On (13/01/17 11:48), Richard Sharpe wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 10:52:43AM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>>> So, I am just saying, IYKWIM, it would be really nice.
>>
>> What do you need sssd for that winbind can't help you with?
>
>Yeah, I know. However, sssd seems to make id mapping easier in some
>circumstances.
>
>If winbindd had similar id mapping features.
>
>Wait. I know. Someone could write an ID mapping module for winbindd
>that offers all the features of sssd.

There should be a way; ssd has a plugin for this.
  %package winbind-idmap
  Group:  Applications/System
  License: GPLv3+ and LGPLv3+

  %description winbind-idmap
  The idmap_sss module provides a way for Winbind to call SSSD to map UIDs/GIDs
  and SIDs.

It's possible that some works need to be done on samba side as weel
Sumit Bose should know more.

LS