It would be nice if sssd could work with CTDB ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:05:40 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM, David Mulder <dmulder at suse.com> wrote:

>> If winbindd had similar id mapping features.
>>
>> Wait. I know. Someone could write an ID mapping module for winbindd
>> that offers all the features of sssd.
>>
> What about autorid? What features is autorid missing that makes sssd id
> mapping superior?

In the environment I am thinking of autorid is a non starter. This
relates to a company I referred to a while ago that has a weird
RFC2730bis setup that takes things to one more level of stupidity.
They link accounts in the UNIX domain with the user's Windows account
in their home domain, so you have to look stuff up in two places.

Of course, I don't believe sssd can handle this situation either ...
but it appeals to some people.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe