s4member environment and 'useless' tests

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 11 20:02:08 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-01-11 at 08:12 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> if you run the tests manually you can clearly see that something is
> wrong with
> our build environment.
>
> make -j test TESTS="samba.blackbox.wbinfo.s4member"
>
> FAILED (0 failures, 0 errors and 2 unexpected successes in 1
> testsuites)
>

> So when running the full 'make test' something taints this s4member
> target!
>
> Nobody cares about fixing bugs in this code. So either remove or fix
> it :-)

I do agree there is something really quite wrong there, and it does
merit further investigation because tests that only fail due to their
position in the test environment are indeed the cause of tremendous
frustration and wasted hours.

I'll see what I can do, or drop those tests listed in knownfail.