Does linux smb2 client supports DFS capability?

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Mon Jan 9 13:20:01 UTC 2017

Hi Hemanth,

Hemanth Thummala <hemanth.thummala at nutanix.com> writes:
> I would like to know if there any recent work done to support the same.

I have worked on adding DFS support in SMB2,3+. I have a WIP patch
available here [1]. It is functional but not ready to be merged yet:

- has to be cleaned up a bit to avoid code deduplication (requires some
  refactoring)
- but mainly it creates a good opportunity to improve the plumbing for
  DFS in general. We want to keep a cache of DFS resolve results in
  memory so that we can try several servers in case of server
  failure+reconnection, instead of just trying to reconnect to the same
  server that just failed.

So in short, yes it's in the works.

1: http://marc.info/?l=linux-cifs&m=147862283412953

--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3