why is the revert autobuild still running? (was: Re: ctdb in autobuild broken -- ctdb depends on winbind now????)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Jan 6 19:03:58 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jan 07, 2017 at 07:23:51AM +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Volker,
>
> A number of developers (including myself) asked that you not push the
> reverts.
>
> I hope I was clear, but if not I would again ask that you stop the
> autobuild, and let those who asked for time spend the time they
> offered.
>
> Your repeated pattern of rushed reverts is not helpful to the Samba
> project.
>
> Sorry,

Yes, if we all reverted our own code that had problems in it we'd
be taking ten steps forward eleven steps back all the time.
We'd never get *any* code in the project at all (except for
metze of course :-).

Please stop this behavior, it's not helping Samba at all.

Please stop the autobuild, and take Andreas up on his
offer to look over the problem on Monday. We're now getting
autobuilds through again so there really isn't any great
rush in removing this code.

Jeremy.