Reverts and timeframes (was: Re: ctdb in autobuild broken -- ctdb depends on winbind now????)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 6 08:50:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-01-06 at 19:40 +1100, Martin Schwenke wrote:

> Well, the question is always: how long do we wait?  :-)

I think a day or preferably two is a good rule of thumb for large patch
series reverts.  It gives at least a chance for some discussion,
alternate approaches or investigation.

I agree longer than that would be awkward, and a much shorter time (a
few hours) is appropriate for a single specifically identified broken
patch (eg from a bisect).

> If someone has the time to debug this then they should say so and
> offer
> that as an alternative solution...

Lets hope for that, certainly.