ctdb in autobuild broken -- ctdb depends on winbind now????

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 6 08:44:51 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-01-06 at 09:27 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 09:05:44PM +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > I say this because rushed reverts (and in general other changes
> > made in
> > haste) have not turned out to be such a great thing in hindsight.
>
> I broke the build, and I can not promise a fixed date for a fix
> because
> I don't understand the nature of the breakage yet.  So my changes
> will
> go.

I don't recall anybody asking for a fixed date, and in any case, please
don't be so hard on yourself:

Samba is a big system, and the only reason we even have discussions
like this is that we have one of the best regression test suites in
Free Software, one of the strictest continuous integration procedures,
and the willpower to stick to it, even when it becomes totally
inconvenient.

> It won't happen that people can ever blame me for dumping shit on
> the world and walk away.

I don't recall anybody saying that, and it would be most unprofessional
and entirely unacceptable if they did.

I'm quite sure we can get to the bottom of this, and I do trust you
will be re-submitting the fixed patches soon.

Thanks,